From the article you will learn all about the causes of the development of ovarian cysts, as well as get acquainted with the methods of treatment of this pathology.
No matter how many years the representative of the fair sex, she always strives to monitor her female health. After all, even the most minor problems with well-being can have a negative impact on the work of such an organ as the ovaries. Therefore, even if there are no apparent reasons, do not forget to periodically visit a gynecologist.
Because if you rarely do this, you may miss the moment when a cyst begins to form. It is very important to start treating this pathology in time, because only in this way you can avoid the possible degeneration of a benign formation into a malignant one. How to do this correctly, we will understand in this article.
What is a cyst?
An ovarian cyst is a benign, hollow neoplasm that is filled with fluid. It can be completely different. It can be blood, a jelly-like mass or just a red-brown liquid. In some removed cysts, even the rudiments of hair and teeth were found.
- Most often, this formation has an oval shape and a fairly large size. Ovarian cyst differs from malignant tumors in that it does not grow into neighboring organs and blood vessels. But still, if you do not pay due attention to its treatment, then there is a chance that it will become malignant
- Usually this neoplasm develops in the fair sex of childbearing age. But there are times when very young girls have similar problems
- Therefore, if you notice that your daughter’s chest began to grow very early and discharge began, something similar to menstruation, then consult a doctor immediately. All these symptoms may indicate that the girl develops a cyst. After all, even the smallest neoplasm secretes specific hormones that stimulate the process of early growth
Symptoms of an Ovarian Cyst
Very often, women, in general, do not suspect that they have any health problems. They consider tolerable pain periodically occurring in the lower abdomen to be quite normal. With the same indifference, they relate to severe pain that occurs during menstruation.
Women just go to the pharmacy, buy painkillers, drink them and start doing their own thing again. But no matter how long a woman postpones going to the doctor, sooner or later all this will have to be done exactly.
Symptoms that indicate the development of ovarian cysts:
• abdominal distention
• A sharp increase in the size of the abdomen
• Severe pain after intercourse
• Constant dull pain in the lower abdomen
• weight set
• problems with urination
• Diseases of the cardiovascular system
• Regular increase in body temperature
Causes of ovarian cysts
Despite the fact that modern medicine is sufficiently developed, it still cannot find the exact cause of the appearance of an ovarian cyst. Some experts suggest that there are women who are prone to the development of this pathology, while other doctors believe that increased female hormones are the main provoking factor.
But no matter what they say, the number of women who are overtaken by a similar problem is increasing every year. Cases have already been recorded when the pathology began to develop in the representatives of the perfectly gender, who took drugs that stimulate the work of the ovaries.
Reasons for the development of cysts:
• Early puberty
• Bad habits
• Excess weight
• Reproductive system operations
• Irregular menstruation
• Thyroid problems
• Genital Infections
Diagnosis of ovarian cysts
No woman can diagnose this pathology on her own. Therefore, if you have at least one of the above symptoms, then immediately make an appointment with a gynecologist. He must carefully question you about all visible symptoms, conduct an examination, and schedule a full examination.
And do not be alarmed if the doctor asks you to appear several times during the cycle. He needs this in order to have a more complete picture of the development of pathology. Before starting a more accurate examination, every woman must do a pregnancy test. This must be done in order to exclude the development of an ectopic pregnancy, as this pathology has the same symptoms as an ovarian cyst.
Rules for diagnosis:
• Examination by a gynecologist
• Full body examination
• Ultrasound examination of the pelvis
• Tomography of the pelvis and abdomen
Complications of the ovarian cyst
Very often, women themselves complicate their lives. They drown out severe pain with pills just to not go to the doctor. And the longer the girl ignores unpleasant symptoms, the greater the likelihood that she will experience complications.
First of all, this will affect her appearance, because if a girl brings one ovary out, she will reduce the amount of female hormones in the body, and they, as you know, greatly affect the appearance and emotional state. But this is not the worst thing that can happen. The worst consequence for a woman can be infertility.
Complications that can occur with an ovarian cyst:
• Neoplasm gap
• Torsion of the legs of the ranula
• Cyst abscess
• The transformation into a malignant tumor
• Chronic ovarian inflammation
Physiotherapy in the treatment of ovarian cysts
Very often, women are prescribed physiotherapy to enhance the effects of medications. With a special device, with the help of the current, it affects precisely the cyst. This procedure minimizes the duration of treatment and helps the female body recover faster after surgery.
There are three types of physiotherapy: electrophoresis, ultraphonoresis and SMT therapy. All of them help to normalize the work of the ovaries, relieve inflammatory processes and restore damaged nerve endings.
Advantages of physiotherapy for ovarian cysts:
• Bringing female sex hormones back to normal
• Prevents the formation of adhesions
• Reduces the likelihood of recurrence of the disease
• It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties
• Improves blood circulation and metabolic processes
Ovarian Cyst Treatment
How to properly treat an ovarian cyst can be determined exclusively by a specialist. And he must do this based on the general condition of the body and the severity of the disease.
If the representative of the fair sex has no other pathologies, then the gynecologist can offer to take oral contraceptives for a couple of months and see how the neoplasm will respond to the drugs. If it is possible to normalize the hormonal background, then there is a high probability that the wound ceases to grow or, in general, disappears.
The basic rules of therapeutic treatment:
• Taking hormonal drugs
• Regular intake of vitamins
• Healthy eating
• Complete rejection of bad habits
Preparations and medicines for ovarian cysts
- Most often, hormonal drugs are used to treat such a pathology. They quickly and effectively restore the physical functions of the ovaries and block the growth of diseased cells. The best option for hormone therapy is considered the drug Duphaston. It contains dydrogesterone, which can serve as a replacement for the missing progesterone
- If a woman against the background of pathology has problems with menstruation, then she must take monophasic or biphasic contraceptives. The substances that are in such preparations not only normalize the menstrual cycle, but will also prevent the formation of follicles, which can be transformed into cysts
- Also, one must not forget to fight with inflammatory processes in the small pelvis. Usually, against the background of pathology, they are quite aggravated and if left untreated, this can lead to even more dire consequences. To avoid such problems, it is necessary to introduce a fibrinolytic solution with an antibiotic into the cyst
- And since the disease is an additional burden on the psyche, it would be a good idea to take care of its condition. You can take pharmacy sedatives or cook at home soothing herbal decoctions
Surgical removal of ovarian cysts
But not always, even on time treatment started, gives a positive result. And if after a certain time, the cyst does not stop growing, it remains only to remove it surgically. How the operation will be carried out depends solely on the size of the tumor and its location.
In order for this manipulation to be as painless as possible for it, one must correctly prepare. Since the cyst is removed under anesthesia, the day before it is necessary to cut your diet, and six hours before the operation, in general, refuse any food or drink.
Methods for removing ovarian cysts:
- Laparoscopy. This method is considered less traumatic since, after surgery, a woman has a chance to become a mother
- Abdominal surgery. This manipulation is performed if the neoplasm has affected the entire ovary, and it can no longer function normally. The operation is painful enough, but the worst thing is that after it the woman will never be able to get pregnant
- Laser. Removing cysts in this way has recently become very popular. Due to the fact that a laser is used for the procedure, the risk of postoperative bleeding is reduced
Treatment of ovarian cysts with folk remedies
As you probably already understood, a cyst is not a sentence at all and, with proper and timely treatment, this pathology can be completely eliminated. But there are times when a problem comes back again and again. A regular intake of hormonal drugs can begin to give side effects and the body will fight the disease more weakly.
Folk remedies can help the body regain its strength and stop the growth of cysts. But before you begin such treatment, be sure to consult your doctor. He will tell you how to combine traditional treatment and traditional medicine so that they do not do even more harm to your body.
We treat cyst with tincture and green walnuts
Take a green nut, rinse it thoroughly with water and cut into small slices. Put them in a clean glass jar and pour everything with medical alcohol or strong vodka.
The jar should be about a quarter full of nuts. At the end, tightly close the container and place it in a cool, dark place. In about a month, the liquid will darken and treatment can begin. Take the fluid you need four months, three times a day, a tablespoon. During menstruation, you need to take a break.
Treatment of ovarian cysts with burdock juice.
Another popular remedy for combating ovarian cysts is burdock juice. Typically, the course lasts a month, after which an ultrasound examination is performed and if the neoplasm has not disappeared, then the juice must be drunk for another month.
RECIPE: So, take fresh leaves of burdock, clean them of dirt and squeeze juice out of them using a juicer. For one dose, 30-40 ml of chilled juice will be enough. It should be drunk 20 minutes before meals. And remember, after cutting, the leaves of burdock retain their healing properties for two days. Therefore, in no case do not procure them immediately for the whole week.