Foot odor is a fairly common problem that almost everyone has encountered. In this article, we will describe in detail the tools that help get rid of this problem quickly enough.
- The body of an adult is covered with a large number of sweat glands, most of which are on the limbs. In addition, bacteria are present on our skin that multiply intensively and in the process of their life a rather specific “aroma” appears
- It is because of this that the legs begin to emit a not quite pleasant smell, which greatly reduces the quality of our lives
- After all, if the legs sweat hard enough, then just a couple of hours after leaving the house, they begin to smell badly and itch, and a person has to either endure or look for a secluded place where you can conduct a hygienic procedure
- But the worst thing is that excessive sweating can provoke the development of a fungal infection, which is hardly possible to cure with care products.
- Therefore, it will be better if you try to get rid of this problem as soon as possible, or at least minimize its manifestation.
How to treat legs from smell?Deodorant
- If you have a not very pleasant foot odor, then the first thing you should do is learn how to properly conduct hygiene procedures
Try to wash your legs at least twice a day, and after washing, treat them with ointment, which will block sweat
- Of course, she will not remove the problem itself, but still you can definitely feel more comfortable in public
- In addition to this ointment, you can also use other means that will not only aromatize the skin, but also disinfect them
Means for treating legs:
• Antiperspirant deodorants
• Dry powders
• Setarin powder
• Pasta Teymurova
Folk remedies for foot odorFolk remedies require patience
- Quite a lot of people don’t even try to treat excessive sweating, they just regularly process the skin of the extremities with aromatic properties and continue to do their daily business
- Of course, this helps to mask the unpleasant smell of the legs for a while, but after the deodorant starts to weather you will have an even more specific aroma
Therefore, this method of combating hyperhidrosis is best used in extreme cases.
Better try to find the time and conduct the treatment of dermatological surfaces with the help of folk remedies. Although such treatment will require a lot of time, but as a result you can, in general, forget what the smell of feet is.
- All you have to remember, giving preference to folk remedies is that the procedures should be regular. You must continue to do them even if it seems to you that a specific aroma does not disappear anywhere
- Usually somewhere after 5-6 procedures, the work of sweat glands begins to normalize and sweating gradually disappears
Boric acid from foot odor, how to apply?Boric acid
- Since boric acid has antifungal, antibacterial and disinfecting properties, it is widely used to eliminate foot odor.
- Most often, this tool is used in the form of solutions that are used to rinse or take foot baths
- Powder boric acid is best applied to the dermatological integument in an undiluted form.
- And if you don’t have time or you simply don’t want to bother with the preparation of the treatment solution, you can always buy ready-made products based on boric acid in the pharmacy
Ways to use boric acid from the smell of feet: bath with boric acid and lemon, vinegar
• Bath with boric acid and lemon from the smell of legs. Take a capacious basin, fill it with warm water and add boric and citric acid into it, dissolve everything thoroughly in liquids and lower your feet there. If desired, you can cover your feet with a towel. Keep your feet in the solution for at least 20 minutes, and then remove them and get wet from excess moisture. It’s best not to wipe your feet dry, but to let them dry naturally. Do this procedure every night before bed for three weeks
• Homemade foot odor lotion. So, take a 4% solution of boric acid, a cologne with a pleasant smell and natural apple cider vinegar. Mix all ingredients in the same proportions and transfer the resulting liquid into a sealed container. Apply therapeutic lotion to pre-cleansed skin 1-2 times a day
Foot baths for odor with mint, milkweed, black teaTherapeutic bath
- We all know that sweating is a completely natural process that our body needs to regulate body temperature.
Sweat itself does not have a sharp and specific smell, because for the most part it consists of water. But the bacteria that live in it provoke the appearance of a not very pleasant "aroma". This problem is especially acute in the warm season, when our limbs begin to regularly overheat and sweat.
- Special baths can help you get rid of this problem.
Useful bath recipes:
• Mint - nettle bath. For its preparation, you can use both dry and fresh leaves of plants. So, take chopped leaves and stalks of mint and nettle, pour boiling water over them and let them brew. When the liquid changes color, it must be filtered and added to the water for the procedure. Hold the legs in healing fluid for 15-20 minutes, and then remove and wipe dry. Repeat the procedure every day for a month.
• Tea bath: This treatment is considered the most affordable. All you need to do is buy high-quality black tea, brew a rather strong tea leaves from it and add it to the bath water. Tea tannins that are in tea leaves will kill pathogens, narrow pores and reduce the amount of sweat
• Euphorbia bath. Pick up fresh euphorbia, grind and boil it in water. In the resulting liquid, steam the limbs, and then rinse them with warm saline and let dry naturally. Repeat manipulations 2-3 times a week
Foot odor iodine: recipeFoot odor treatment with iodine
Another fairly effective method of combating the smell of legs is the familiar iodine. Most often in pharmacies it is sold in the form of a solution, which, as a rule, is added to water for hygienic procedures.
RECIPE: Try to prepare a remedy from a small amount of iodine 2-3 ml, 1 liter of water and 10 g of sea salt and rinse their limbs after you wash them. Such a simple, at first glance, manipulation will allow you to quickly eliminate an unpleasant aroma and will help reduce sweating.
RECIPE: To rub feet feet with glycerin and grease densely with 5% iodine solution. After that, wear socks. Repeat these steps 2 to 3 times. The effect is not long in coming.
But still, although this method is considered quite effective, it has some contraindications.
If you, for example, have urticaria, dermatitis or furunculosis, then you better not use iodine for treatment. This can greatly aggravate the condition of the already inflamed dermatological integument.
Oak bark from foot odorThis is what the oak bark looks like
Constantly wet feet and a not very pleasant smell of the legs cause quite strong discomfort. Usually such a person always tries to keep a distance with people around them thinking that they will not notice his little problem.
But nobody can hide it for a long time, so it would be better if you do not mask the smell with aromatic substances, but try to get rid of it once and for all. It will help you make this oak bark.
Ways to use oak bark from the smell of sweat
• Rinse aid. Take the bark, fill it with water and boil for 5-10 minutes. As a result, you should get a fairly dark and concentrated broth. It must be diluted with water and rinsed with clean legs.
• Bath agent. Prepare a decoction from the bark, cool it a bit, and then add propolis tincture and natural honey to the resulting liquid. Add the remedy to the bath water and keep your feet in it for 15-20 minutes
Foot odor saltSalt foot bath
- Absolutely every adult knows that salt kills almost all known bacteria. Therefore, it can also be used to eliminate unpleasant foot odors.
- But for treatment it is necessary to use table salt, not familiar to us from childhood, but English (bitter) or, for example, sea
- They contain a lot more astringents, which contribute to the drying of the dermatological integument and prevent pathogenic microorganisms from multiplying.
- Most often, solutions for rinsing and healing baths are prepared from salt
Essential oils for unpleasant foot odors: patchouli, cypress, tea tree, mint, chamomile, coniferGet rid of bad smell with essential oils
- Another popular foot odor elimination method is essential oils.
- The substances that are in these therapeutic agents are good enough to kill all specific aromas, normalize all metabolic processes that are in the skin, and also have an antimicrobial effect.
- All this can significantly reduce the amount of sweat, which is the main habitat of bacteria.
Essential oils that help get rid of the problem:
• Patchouli, cypress and tea tree oil. Antifungal and aseptic
• Peppermint oil. It cools the dermatological integument of the foot well enough
• Chamomile, pine and juniper oil. Eliminate unpleasant odors and reduce perspiration
Foot odorFoot soda
Soda can become a faithful assistant to a woman in the fight against the unpleasant odor emanating from her legs. Soda solution has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and cleansing effects.
All this allows him to effectively fight bacteria, normalize the pH balance of the epidermis, absorb odors and reduce the secretion of sebum.
Therapeutic bath recipe: Take 5g soda and 5g salt in equal parts and carefully dissolve them in 1 liter of warm water. Make sure that the liquid is not hot, too high a temperature will reduce the beneficial properties of soda.
Dip the feet in the solution and leave them there for half an hour. After this time, remove your legs from the bowl and let them dry. Do this procedure every day for 30 days.
Furacilin from the smell of sweatThe tablets must be dissolved in water.
- With regular use - this inexpensive product can normalize sweating in just a few days and will help to eliminate a not-so-pleasant aroma.
- This antimicrobial drug is most often sold in the form of yellow tablets, which must be dissolved in water and used for rinsing or foot baths.
- Compresses from furacilin solution also help to eliminate unpleasant odors.
- But do not leave it on the skin for more than 15 minutes, because if you overexpose the compress, the skin will be very dry and you will have to deal with this problem as well
What are the folk remedies for foot odor: tips and reviewsFolk remedies will help to cope with the unpleasant smell of the legs.
Although in any pharmacy you can find ready-made products that help eliminate the smell of sweat, some people prefer homemade decoctions, lotions and ointments. Both women and men love them for their accessibility and ease of use.
But when buying a folk remedy, make sure that it has an exclusively positive effect on the skin, if it contains enough aggressive substances, that is, the likelihood that such treatment will lead to disruption of the sweat glands and a slowdown in metabolic processes.
Means that can be used to treat foot odor:
• Antibacterial soap
• Alum powder
• Ginger root
Anton: For a long time, she struggled with the unpleasant smell of her husband's legs. We tried almost all pharmacy products, but did not achieve a positive result. As a result, I had to try to treat the feet with folk methods. We chose soda baths. They were done regularly once a day for 6 weeks. At the weekend they tried to do morning and evening. About a month later, the problem began to disappear, and after another two weeks it disappeared altogether.
Veronica: And I fixed the problem with the help of essential oils. I added them to water for hygienic procedures, made healing baths and compresses. After about 3 weeks, the smell began to gradually decrease. But most importantly, this treatment helped remove the smell from the shoes. He disappeared immediately after sweating returned to normal.