This article describes how to clean acrylic, enamelled and cast-iron bathtubs.
Not so long ago, in the creation of plumbing acrylic began to be used - plastic, which was previously used in dentistry. Now they make a bath out of it. Strength, antibacterial properties, the ability to give the product a variety of shapes - all these are the advantages of this material. But acrylic is very moody in operation for detergents and cleaners. Therefore, it is worth knowing in advance how to clean the acrylic bath so that it is always like new.
How and how to clean acrylic bathtubs: cleaning productsHow and how to clean acrylic bathtubs: cleaning products
Remember: Do not use different metal brushes and washcloths to clean acrylic bathtubs. It is permissible to use only soft rags or a sponge. Hot water is also a danger. It can deform the plastic coating, and the bathroom will become unusable.
How to unacceptably clean acrylic tanks? Here is a list of chemical products that are unacceptable when caring for such a coating:
- Detergents with abrasive particles: soda, dry cleaners and so on. Micro scratches appear on the surface, due to which the bath loses its luster. Dirt gets into the scratches, and the surface will always be not only dull, but also dirty.
- Chlorine-based products. If applied regularly, acrylic will fade and a beautiful gloss will be lost.
- Acetone. The structure of acrylic is destroyed, and the surface is deformed.
- Ammonia Products. The effect of using this product is similar to the effect after using acetone.
- Formaldehydes. Bath cleaners should preferably be natural, and the harmful and hazardous components of cleaning products have a destructive effect.
- Concentrated Alcohol, Alkali and Acids. Small cracks appear and the color changes.
How and with what can I clean acrylic bathtubs? A few tips:
- The cleaning and disinfection process is combined if you have a hydromassage bathtub. Such bathtubs usually have small openings in which fungi and dirt can accumulate. Therefore, before cleaning, fill the bathtub with water to the top, turn on the air supply, pour in the product and turn on the hydromassage mode. Then flush the dirty water and get clean again. Start hydromassage and drain the water. Wipe the bath with a dry cloth. Thanks to these actions, she will serve you for a long time.
- After each bath you do not need to clean the bath with, it is enough to rinse it with warm water and wipe it dry with a rag.
- Use funds need 1-2 times a week.
- Every six months, the bath needs to be disinfected. To do this, draw a full reservoir of water, pour in a disinfectant and mix well. Soak for 20 minutes, drain the solution and rinse the bath with cold water.
Tip: If scratches appear on the bathtub and they are constantly clogged with dirt, because of this the surface of the bathtub seems ugly, then the top layer needs to be restored. It is better to do this with the help of specialists, as this is a delicate job and you yourself can damage the surfaces even more.
Household cleaning products for cleaning acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtubs: a list of how to applyHousehold cleaning products for cleaning acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtubs: a list of how to apply
Not all products sold in the store are suitable for cleaning acrylic bathtubs. Only some household cleaning products should be used to clean acrylic, enamelled and cast-iron bathtubs. Here is a list and how to apply:
- Acrylan - does not damage the acrylic surface and perfectly helps to get rid of rust and other dirt. This product creates a thin protective film, so the bath will shine beautifully after cleaning.
- Ravak - disinfects, cleans, restores the protective layer.
- Acrylic Polish - gel that allows you to quickly and safely clean acrylic. Restores, polishes, cleans and gently whitens the surface of the bath.
- Tim Pros - does not contain harmful substances in its composition. The surface will be not only clean, but also disinfected.
- Cif - applied in the form of a spray or cream. Does not contain abrasive substances. The bath is well washed from rust, yellowness, limescale and grease.
- Bass - the tool is presented in the form of a liquid suspension. Suitable for daily bath care.
- Cinderella - The effectiveness is confirmed by many housewives, but has a pungent smell, so you have to wear a respirator during use.
- Chister - the manufacturers of this detergent invented such a formula when it was created so that the fungus did not multiply on the surface and dirt did not stick.
It is important to know: It is necessary to apply means with a sponge or soft rags for 15-20 minutes. Then it is washed off with cold water. Clean the bathroom with a dry soft cloth. Sprays are applied by spraying and are also left on the surface for the specified amount of time, and then the product must be washed off with water.
Tip: If you bought a new bath cleaning product, first squeeze a small amount onto your hand and feel for solid lumps or small crystals. Only then use acrylic.
The product packaging indicates how many minutes it can be applied to the surface of the acrylic bath - follow this instruction.
How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from rust and yellowness with household chemicals?How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from rust and yellowness with household chemicals?
As mentioned above, rough brushes and metal sponges should not be used to clean acrylic tanks. Buy a special soft sponge or take a regular kitchen sponge, but use only the soft side. How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from rust and yellowness with household chemicals? Tips:
- First wet the surface of the bathtub with cold water. Leave it for 5 minutes so that the water permeates the rust and yellow coating - then it will be easier to remove it later.
- Apply the product with a soft sponge. If you are using a spray, simply spray it from the spray bottle over the surface.
- Rub stubborn dirt with a sponge - soft side!
- After 15 minutes, rinse with water.
- Wipe the bathtub with a soft cloth or napkin.so that no drops of water remain on the surface.
Tip: If after cleaning you notice that the dirt has not completely disappeared, repeat the process. Then rinse with water and wipe dry.
How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast iron bathtub from rust and yellowness folk remedies: recipesHow to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast iron bathtub from rust and yellowness folk remedies: recipes
If you are not a supporter of the use of household chemicals, then for sure, you will want to learn how to clean the bathroom using folk remedies. They are always at hand, cheap and easy to use. How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from rust and yellowness with folk remedies? Here are the recipes:
- Weak citric acid solution. Dial in the bath, to the best of hot water (up to 50 degrees), add 50 grams of citric acid. Mix well and leave for 2 hours. After time, drain the solution and rinse the bath with cold running water. You can rub the remaining dirt with a soft cloth. The coating will soften well and will be perfectly removed even with a napkin.
- Apple vinegar. Dissolve 20 grams of this product in a glass of water. Dampen a cloth in the solution and wipe the surface of the bath. Then rinse the bath with running cold water.
- Baking soda. Add a little water to the powder and apply the mixture to the surface of the bath - no need to rub! Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Toothpaste. Squeeze a little of this product on a soft cloth and wipe the contaminated areas. Rinse off the paste with water and wipe the surface of the bath dry.
These natural remedies are not harmful to health and do not have negative properties. Therefore, many housewives often use them to clean plumbing in the bathroom.
How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from limescale with household chemicals?
The means by which you can clean the acrylic bath have been published above. All of them do not contain abrasive substances, they have a soft structure and no acid and alkali in the composition. But how to quickly clean, wash the enameled or cast-iron bathtub from limescale with household chemicals? Below you will read the tips.How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from limescale with household chemicals?
The cast-iron bath has an enamel coating, so it can be safely attributed to the type of enameled plumbing, and the means for cleaning cast iron with enamel will be the same as for ordinary metal with enamel. The enameled and cast-iron bath has a more durable coating layer than acrylic plumbing. But still, such a bathroom should also be carefully taken care of so as not to damage the enameled coating.
- Do not use hard or metal brushes to clean. - only a soft cloth or sponge.
- Do not use abrasive products.that may scratch the surface.
- Do not use chlorinated liquids., because from them the enamel may turn yellow over time and the bath will look dirty and unkempt.
Household chemicals for cleaning an enameled bath:
- Mister Muscle. Excellent not only cleans, but also disinfects.
- Cif. A popular tool that is actively used by mistresses for many years.
- Comet gel. It does not scratch the enamel and perfectly removes all dirt.
- Sanox Powerful cleanser. Removes even the most difficult dirt.
- San wedge. No phosphates or hard abrasives. Suitable for all types of coatings.
- Frosch. It will not cope with difficult pollution, but it is great for daily cleaning.
Tip: All these products are easily washed off with water and do not harm human health. But still wear gloves when cleaning, so as not to damage the skin of the hands.
How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from limescale by folk remedies?How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from limescale by folk remedies?
The calcareous coating makes the snow-white surface of the enamel ugly and dull, sometimes even adding yellowness. But it’s not always at hand that there is a store cleaning agent on hand, and whitening the bath is sometimes necessary urgently. In this case, folk methods come to the rescue. How to quickly clean, wash an acrylic, enameled and cast-iron bathtub from limescale by folk remedies? Here are the recipes:
- Mix salt and soda, add a little water to make a slurry. With light movements and a soft sponge, apply the mixture to the contaminated areas of the bath and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and wipe dry.
- Dilute oxalic acid with water 1:10. Lubricate the coating with a solution and leave for 30-40 minutes. Rinse and wipe with a soft cloth.
- Put a little baking soda on the sponge, sprinkle water on it and lightly process the bath. This method is not suitable for acrylic bathtubs. Do not use soda ash, as when interacting with water, it turns into a hard abrasive.
Tip: If in doubt, use one or another bath cleaner, then apply it to a small area of enamel and wait a while. If the enamel has not changed color and structure, then the product can be used.
How to clean a bath with baking soda and citric acid: a recipeHow to clean the bath with baking soda and citric acid?
Among the folk bath cleaning methods, there are those that are most popular among housewives due to their effectiveness. These include a mixture of soda and citric acid. A recipe for a bath cleaner:
- Baking soda and citric acid. First apply a solution of soda and a little water on the surface of the bath. Wait a few minutes. Then apply a solution of citric acid and water (the solution should be in the form of slurry). Leave it for 30-40 minutes, and rinse with running water.
After using this product, the bathtub will become snow-white and shiny.
How to clean the bath with vinegar?How to clean the bath with vinegar?
Vinegar has long been used to disinfect and clean kitchen utensils and plumbing. If it is used, for example, together with soda, an effective cleaning agent will be obtained - sparing for the surface and not harmful to health. How to clean the bath with vinegar? Recipe:
- First apply a solution of baking soda and water in the form of gruel on the surface of the bath. After 20 minutes, apply 9% vinegar over the soda mixture. Vinegar will immediately react with soda. It helps to perfectly cope with any plaque on white enamel.
When 30-60 minutes have passed, rinse the soda and vinegar with water and wipe the surface with a napkin.
How to clean the bath with ammonia?How to clean the bath with ammonia?
Liquid ammonia is another effective tool for cleaning the surface of bathtubs. A recipe that helps to quickly and easily clean a bath with ammonia:
- Stir the soda with ammonia to make a thick slurry. Put the mixture on the surface of the bath and leave for an hour. If necessary, then increase the time by another hour - to remove persistent contaminants. Rinse with water and wipe dry.
Using this method, you can easily get rid of strong contaminants - yellowness and rust.
How to wash the bath with soda ash?How to wash the bath with soda ash?
As mentioned above, soda ash is better not to use for cleaning baths, as it is a hard abrasive. But, if you have soda ash and you want to wash the bath using it, then first dissolve this powder in water. The stones formed will have to be removed, as they do not dissolve well in water. Apply the resulting mixture to the surface of the bath, and then wipe it with 9% vinegar. Leave it for half an hour and rinse with cold water.
Attention: Before using the product, test it in a small area of the tank!
How to wash, clean the acrylic, enameled bath to make it shine: Amway - Soft CleanerHow to wash, clean the acrylic, enameled bath to make it shine: Amway - Soft Cleaner
Amway is known for offering cleaning and washing products that are harmless to human health but effective to use. How to wash, clean the acrylic, enamel bath to shine?
Mild detergent Amway - Soft Cleaner perfectly copes with any dirt and gives the surface a shine. The composition of this tool contains highly active ingredients, but there are no caustic alkalis and acids. In addition, using such a tool is beneficial, since only one drop will be able to cope with a lot of pollution.
Bath Care & Cleaning TipsBath Care & Cleaning Tips
Many people like to take a bath with sea salt and essential oils. These products leave greasy and dirty marks that need to be cleaned immediately. If this is not done, then the bath will lose its luster and will appear dirty and groomed. What else needs to be done so that the snow-white tank always shines clean? Tips for the care and cleaning of bathtubs:
- After each bath or shower Wash off dirt with water and daily care products.
- Disinfect once a week or less. This will help prevent mold.
- If the bath needs to be washed or cleaned, and there was no household chemicals at hand, use folk remedies.
- Clean your bathroom every week. Be sure to clean the pipes on time. This will help to avoid clogging, which leads to stagnation of water in the bath and the appearance of unpleasant plaque and smell.
- Keep shampoos and other detergents closed, so that you do not accidentally spill them. Each product leaves a mark on the enamel and then you have to clean the bath once again.
The information in this article and tips will help not only to take a bath with pleasure, but also to maintain the health of all households.