How to make homemade cognac according to your home recipe.
What an incredible taste and aroma of such a noble drink like brandy! You probably decide that this is a typo, but no - that's right (a little later we will return to this topic). Cognac is a kind of brandy, the price of which can sometimes bite (especially if you choose from expensive manufacturers). But there is no desire to poison the cheap products either, so there is only one way out - to make cognac yourself.
How to make a real branded cognac from vodka, alcohol, moonshine with oak bark: recipes
Cognac is considered a noble drink of golden amber color, the degree of which should not be less than 40 revolutions. But, nevertheless, it does not need to be drunk and it should be drunk in small sips. In order to feel its mild taste and catch a delicate aroma. Real cognac is insisted in oak barrels.
And at the very beginning we indicated the name "brandy". Let’s immediately prioritize which drink has the right to be called cognac.
- The first, unquestioned, rule is the place of production. Probably, most have already guessed that the drink got its name thanks to the French city of Cognac. Therefore, only the drink that was grown and produced around the very French city (there are six of them) can be called “cognac”.
- Only white grapes of a particular type are used - Uny Blanc, Fol Blanche, Colombard, Semillon and Blanc Rame.
- Of course, you must comply with the necessary requirements in terms of production, but the main caveat is the double distillation from November 15 to March 31 of next year.
- Soak in oak barrels for at least 30 months, and the percentage of alcohol should be strictly 40 degrees.
- For color, caramel or water-alcohol tincture on oak shavings can be added. But its content should not exceed 2% of the total volume of cognac.
Therefore, as you may have guessed, drinks on our shelves or prepared independently can have the name "brandy". But, if you really like the name "brandy", then no one forbids you to use it. Indeed, in our country, that product that has at least 40% is considered to be cognac, it is made from a specific grape variety using special technology.
How to make cognac from vodka yourself.
The easiest way.This is an old recipe that includes only two components:
- vodka (1 l)
- oak branches (50 g)
- The most painstaking process will be the preparation of oak. Why did we indicate branches, not bark? Next, it will use the bark itself, after the branches have dried well.
- You need to take only young twigs, since they have a high content of tannins - 20% (in comparison with other parts of the tree).
- You need to dry the branches in a dark and, most importantly, dry place. Then it should be carefully chopped.
- Pour a liter of vodka or alcohol. Add nothing else! Insist at least 2-3 weeks. And ideally, a month.
- But that is not all. The drink is very strong, so it should be diluted to the required percentage.
Another popular recipe.Necessary components:
- vodka or diluted alcohol - 3 l
- oak bark (it is better to take in friable form) - 1 tablespoon
- loose black tea and caraway seeds - 1 tsp each
- cloves - 5-6 pieces (not more than 7 units)
- vanilla sugar - 1 sachet
- citric acid - at the tip of a knife
- Vanilla will give homemade brandy a sophisticated and aristocratic taste and aroma.
- We add all the necessary components to vodka or alcohol. The main thing is to dilute it. Do not forget that cognac should not be more than 40%. The valid value is 42 turns.
- At the very end, add citric acid.
- You need to insist not so long - only three days and you can start tasting.
- Important! Brewed black tea is better to take large-leaf, because it will be much easier to strain the finished drink. And, to be honest, too ground tea often has unnecessary dust in its composition. Or, as an option, buy only quality products from well-known manufacturers.
Also take note.The recipe is simple, does not require many ingredients or special skills, but has a delicious taste.
We will need:
- vodka - also 3 l
- oak bark (pharmacy) - 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract - 1 sachet
- sugar - 3 tsp
- The most difficult of all their actions will be to melt the sugar. That is, for this recipe, it is precisely roasted sugar that is needed. It is he who will give the drink a beautiful caramel color. Only without fanaticism, burnt sugar will give only bitterness.
- Vodka must be poured into a jar, adding to it all the other components.
- It is good to close the lid and leave in a dark place for one month.
- Done! Cognac, made with your own hands, on the oak bark can already delight guests.
Cognac with oak bark on moonshine
This drink is very popular among homemade drink lovers. In fact, the technology does not differ from the version with vodka or diluted alcohol, and the components can be different. Therefore, the recipes are slightly different from each other.
Important condition - moonshine should not be higher than 50%.
It is necessary:
- also 3 liters of moonshine
- oak bark - 4 tablespoons
- 20 hips can be added as desired
- black pepper peas - 4 units
- sugar - 3-4 tbsp
- St. John's wort - 1 small twig
- black tea - 1 tsp
- It should be noted that such a drink is obtained no worse than elite store drinks. And since only natural ingredients will be used, then as such brandy you can be sure, as they say, at 100%.
- The principle of operation is insanely simple - you need to connect all the components in one container.
- Sugar is desirable to melt. We have already indicated above that then the taste will be much more pleasant.
- You need to insist 35-40 days. And before serving, it is necessary to strain through cheesecloth a couple of times so that no seasonings come across.
Another recipe for cognac on moonshine.It is also suitable for preparation with vodka or alcohol.
- Moonshine - a little less than 3 liters
- Oak bark - 2-3 tablespoons
- Black tea - 1 tablespoon with a slide
- Sugar - 2.5 tbsp
- Baking soda - half tsp
- Carnation - 6-7 inflorescences
- Similarly mix all the products in a three-liter jar
- Do not forget to mix the ingredients until the sugar dissolves
- Cover tightly and leave in a dark and cool place for two weeks.
- Look already to your taste, some people like to withstand longer. But after 14 days there will be no smell of the old moonshine
- And do not forget to strain before use
We make cognac from alcohol. In any case, alcohol will need to be diluted. Therefore, the recipe is designed for 1.5 liters of alcohol. And after its tincture, the volume will double.
- Oak bark (required) - 1 tablespoon
- Black tea bag
- Rosehip (you can do without it) - also 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Sugar - 1 Pack
- Cinnamon - on the tip of a knife
- Allspice - 3-4 peas
- Glucose (in tablets) - 2 units
- We take a suitable container and mix our components
- But! Tablets need to be added after 3-4 days
- It is also necessary to insist at least 2 weeks, and if you like a richer taste, then you should wait a month
- By the way, then the color will become brighter, and the aroma will become much more sophisticated
- In the end, of course, the contents should be filtered several times. And do not forget to dilute alcohol to the desired degree
How to make a real branded cognac from vodka, alcohol, moonshine with prunes: recipes
Prunes make their unforgettable note, making interesting the taste and unforgettable aroma. By the way, prunes slightly soften the strength of the drink, so you should consider this feature when tincture. If we talk about technology, it is not much different from previous options. And the components can also be completely different, depending on your taste preferences.
Consider a universal recipe that can be made on vodka, alcohol, and moonshine.
What do we need:
- vodka (or other strong drink) - 1 l
- prunes (naturally, dried) - 40-50 g
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- vanilla extract and cinnamon - on the tip of a knife
- black tea - 1 bag or 1 tsp
- cloves - 2-3 branches
- black pepper peas - 3 units (optional)
- Well, connect all the components, as in the previous versions.
- The main requirement is to shake well and put on for several days.
- Do not forget that the longer we insist, the brighter and richer the taste of such a drink will become.
- But the hallmark of this recipe is that it cooks very quickly. Therefore, in case of emergency, brandy can be drunk after 24 hours.
- Such a drink will be madly appreciated by gourmets and lovers of something unusual. It will perfectly complement the festive table when you want to surprise your guests with something outstanding.
- Of course, before serving, it is worth filtering through two layers of gauze several times.
Of course, keep in mind that alcohol with moonshine must be taken with a strength of not more than 45 revolutions. And at will, if you want experiments, you can add other ingredients.
How to make a real brandy chocolate brandy
What an incredible taste and unforgettable aroma he has! Let's go a little deeper into the story. Back in the 17th century, Louis XIV appreciated this combination and popularized it in future use. His beloved drink was presented in a donated chocolate bowl, which already gave the old and familiar drink indescribable qualities.
IMPORTANT: To make such a drink you need to take only dark chocolate. And be sure to look at the composition - the cocoa content, ideally, should be 70%, and even better 80% (but the minimum value is 60%). And other additives should be as small as possible. This refers to emulsifiers, milk, peanuts or various chocolate oils.
If we talk about the main component, it can be vodka, good store cognac (but in this case, it will not be a very budget option), diluted alcohol or homemade moonshine.
By the way! Moonshine in this case is most suitable. Since it can be (again with your own hands) made from grapes. And this takes a significant step closer home brandy to real cognac.
- We take any of the above alcoholic beverages - 1.5 l
- Dark Chocolate - 150 g
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water (preferably distilled) - 1.5 cups
- Vanilla extract - at the tip of a knife
- You can also add a little oak bark - 100-150 g
We omit the cooking technology a bit, and give some recommendations:
- You can take more or less chocolate, from this only the saturation of the drink changes. That is, even more chocolate, the brighter the taste. But do not overdo it, more than 200 g is not worth adding.
- Do not take oak shavings, it has a very high content of tannins. And filtering at the end will be very problematic. You can do without it at all. But, you must admit that in this way the taste will come closer to branded cognac.
- By the way, if you decided to take store cognac as the basis, then you do not need to add oak bark. And sugar with chocolate should be put in smaller quantities.
- You need to be extremely careful with vanilla - a large amount of it can give an overly pronounced aroma. Therefore, the extract needs a very small pinch. But vanilla sugar, you can safely throw a bag.
- The amount of sugar also directly depends on your taste preferences. The prescription indicates the average dosage. If you want a sweeter drink, you should add a little more sugar. Well, naturally, with a lower sugar content, the situation will be the opposite.
Now go to the cooking:
- This recipe is slightly different from all previous options. First you should do chocolate. First you need to grate it, preferably fine (so it melts faster).
- We put it in a water bath. When the chocolate begins to melt, add vanillin to it.
- At the very end add vodka. Mix everything thoroughly. And make sure that the chocolate does not boil!
- Allow to cool slightly (to room temperature) and pour into a prepared bottle. Close tight.
- Remove, preferably, in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- Next, prepare the syrup with water and sugar. I think the technology is insanely simple, so we won’t go deeper.
- Now connect all the components, again clog and poison in a cool and dark place for 3-4 weeks. The longer you brandy insist, the more saturated and tasteful it will be.
- An important aspect is that you can drink such a drink after 3 days, and store it for a maximum of no more than two years.
- And do not forget that before use, you should carefully strain. After all, no one likes to bite with pieces of oak bark.
How to make a quick homemade cognac?
A quick recipe does not mean that the drink will turn out not so tasty. Yes, its taste and aroma will not be so saturated and strong. But then you can try it in a few days. By the way, we indicated some “quick” recipes above.
I wanted to highlight several useful properties:
- A few drops of such a wonderful drink in coffee or tea will help keep you warm in the cold season.
- And with hypothermia will not let you get sick
- If you use a small glass of cognac before a meal, you can forget about stomach cramps, and, in general, about stomach problems
- Cognac also helps to normalize blood pressure, but for this it is worth drinking no more than 30 g per day
Classic home recipe:
- Moonshine or vodka - 3 l
- Walnuts Partitioning
- Potassium permanganate at the tip of a knife or several tablets of activated carbon
- Tea (leaf) - 1 tbsp.
- Gross extract and citric acid - at the tip of a knife
- Caraway seeds - 1 tbsp. with a slide
- Clove - 5-6 pcs.
- First of all, pour out our bulk components, except for citric acid.
- Pour it all with moonshine or vodka.
- At the very end, add citric acid.
- Cork tightly with a lid and ship to a dark and cool place for 5 days.
- Then, of course, you need to filter it well.
How to make a real Hennessy brandy?
Hennessey can rightly be called the best cognac. Of course, it takes its roots from France, in the city of Cognac, where the seasoned military captain Richard Hennessey settled. Obviously, where such a name comes from. And again, the real Hennessy must come from a French province, and, you know, the price of such an exquisite drink will be very bite.
But at home you can prepare a budget option, and most importantly - you see what components are included. Therefore, one can be sure of the quality of such a drink.
Let's talk about the components.Of course, the real composition is kept in the strictest confidence! But you can choose the right ingredients that will help convey the taste of real Hennessy.
- Vodka, alcohol (diluted) or moonshine - 1.5 l
- Allspice - 1 unit
- Hot black peppercorns - also 1 pc.
- Carnation - 2 buds (no more)
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. no slide (not much needed)
- Black leaf tea - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - half a teaspoon (depending on taste preferences, more can be)
- In principle, the preparation is not very different from all other options, but there is one important nuance - seasonings are not poured into a jar, but are put in a bag. Or just a small scarf.
IMPORTANT: It is better to take linen or cotton fabric, but in no case of synthetic origin.
- They tied all our spices well and put them in a jar of alcohol.
- The can is put in a cool place for 3 days and do not forget that there should be a minimum of light.
- Then you should take out the bag and leave our brandy to insist for at least another 5 days, and ideally at least 10.
A little tip! So that guests would not have guessed that it was not branded cognac from France itself, add another bark of oak (1 tablespoon is enough) and vanilla (a small pinch on the tip of a knife). And leave for another 15 days. In order not to filter at the end, fold the oak bark in a bag or scarf too.
How to make a real branded cognac from grapes?
This process cannot be called complex, but it takes a lot of time (relatively) and requires certain skills, as well as special devices. The main advantage of such brandy is a full guarantee of quality. After all, the whole process and ingredients are controlled by yourself.
We will need:
- grapes - 30 kg
- sugar - 5 kg
- water - 4 l
- oak pegs
Of course, it should be noted that the use of an oak barrel is ideal. If one was not found at hand, then just use oak pegs. Let's start from the very beginning - making wine.
For starters, it's worth talking about grape varieties. It is best to choose muscat grapes. Most suitable Lydia, Isabella, Dove, etc. Saperavi or Cabernet, as well as Kakhet, are not worth taking. The fact is that in these varieties there are a lot of tannins that will make cognac very strong. But this is a matter of taste, as they say.
- Those who have made wine at least once or just watched the process know that grapes cannot be washed! On its surface are "wild" yeast, which take a major part in fermentation. If the grapes are too dirty, then they just wipe them with a dry (!) Cloth.
- The dishes can be taken enameled or plastic, but in no case an aluminum container.
- The grapes were divided from twigs and crushed. Together with the peel and seeds, pour the contents into the prepared container. Add sugar. An approximate calculation of sugar for grapes is 1:10.
- Cover the contents with a clean cloth or gauze, leave for a week. It is important to know that a cap will appear in a day, which indicates the beginning of fermentation. This is a good sign, but it will interfere. Therefore, it should be stirred 2-3 times a day with a wooden spatula. And another important requirement - the room where the future wine stands must be warm!
- When the whole grape "gruel" floats up and an indicative wine smell is formed, the contents can be filtered. On average, the fermentation process itself takes 7 days, but sometimes it also happens faster - about 5 days in advance.
- Carefully and thoroughly pour into other dishes. An ideal option would be a bottle. But it does not matter if such a house was not found, you can use another capacity. Press the pulp with your hands through cheesecloth. Add sugar a second time in the same proportion. But some skip this procedure, depending on your preference.
- They poured the resulting juice into a bottle and put on a medical glove (previously piercing the hole with a needle). If there is, you can use a water seal. Important - content should not exceed 70% of the total. After all, there should still be a place for carbon dioxide and forming foam.
- We put in a warm place (minimum 18 degrees), leaving for 20-40 days. The strength will depend on the duration.
We make wine alcohol. Well, this requires a moonshine. If you undertook such an important mission, then the principle of work should be familiar. We give only some recommendations.
- The first 50 ml are not used because they contain a high content of methanol and acetone. They spill out
- If the degree drops below 30%, then the distillation is stopped
- After the first and second distillations, the alcohol is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1
- The third stage is the most important - the distillate is already selected:
- An important requirement - during the third distillation, alcohol should not be lower than 45 degrees
- Do not use alcohol from 30 to 45 revolutions! It’s not good for brandy
- We need a distillate, the strength of which as a result is 70-80%
An important point is the infusion of cognac. We have already indicated above that an oak barrel is an ideal option. If brandy is your favorite drink, then you should buy it. If not, then use oak pegs. Above were recipes using bark. But if you want to make a real brandy, forget about the use of bark or sawdust!
How to prepare oak pegs:
- Oak must be at least 50 years old.
- Ideally, the tree should go the natural way of soaking. For example, lie winter in the snow and rain. You can even specifically cut a tree and wait for the right moment. Believe me, it will be worth it!
- If this is not possible, then take fresh wood and pour boiling water. Leave for 10-15 minutes, drain the broth. Then soak for another 30-40 minutes, but already in cold water.
- The chips themselves should ultimately fit easily into a three-liter jar, about 15 cm long, and 5-7 mm wide (more precisely, in volume). It is possible a little more, but the maximum value is 10 mm.
- On average, we put 25 pegs in a jar. Pour with diluted alcohol (42-45%).
- Important! Alcohol is poured into water. Otherwise, the liquid will become cloudy.
- Cork with a lid or close the barrel and take to the basement (or a dark and cool place). The infusion time is at least six months. Remember, the longer the time, the stronger the drink and the richer the taste. But no more than three years.
The next step is optional, but desirable is caramelization. That is, the addition of melted sugar (about 50 ml per 3 liters of liquid). After adding it, insist the drink for another 10 days. This procedure will make the color beautiful and unforgettable aroma.
You need to pour it also according to a special method - through cotton wool. Yes, gauze in this case will not save. That is, you need to filter through a layer of cotton in the prepared dishes.
How to cook homemade Armenian cognac?
Such cognac received the climax of popularity back in the days of the USSR, but then there were no restricting norms or rules. Then, of course, an unquestioning law appeared - grapes should be grown directly on the territory of Armenia. By the way, as many as six varieties are used to produce Armenian cognac. At home, we will not bother with such, but can create the most accurate cognac in taste and aroma. The main requirement is the transparency and brilliance of the drink, so the filtering process should be carried out carefully.
To do this, you need:
- vodka or moonshine - 3 l
- walnuts (core itself) - good zhmenya
- tea - 1 tablespoon or 2 sachets
- caraway seeds - 1 tablespoon ... with a slide
- cloves - 5-6 buds
- citric acid - at the tip of a knife
- vanilla sugar - 1 sachet or a pinch of vanillin
- As in all previous options, combine all the components and fill with the selected product.
- Such a drink should be infused for 5 days.
- Then it is necessary to strain the contents thoroughly and pour into prepared containers.
How to cook homemade latgian cognac?
As many have already dared to suggest, Latgale cognac is produced in Latgale. Yes, absolutely right. But now the question arises - what kind of country is this? Today, such a country does not exist, or rather, it has a slightly different name - Latvia. And Latgale is her ancestor. And so, back to the cognac. This recipe is considered one of the oldest recipes.
- Alcohol base (any one to choose, but it is correct to use moonshine) - also 3 l
- Of course, oak bark 2-3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2-4 tablespoons (depending on taste preferences)
- Distilled water - 2 tbsp.
- Coriander - 4-6 grains
- Citric Acid - A Tiny Pinch
- And the secret ingredient is a piece of nutmeg (about 1/5)
- The technology is not too different from the previous options, but there are some small tricks.
- In order not to have a bitter taste - oak bark should first be poured with boiling water and insisted for 5 minutes.
- So that the spices unfold in a full bouquet and give the drink an indescribable aftertaste, finely chop the nut and coriander.
- Sugar in this case is diluted with water and put on fire until completely dissolved. In the end, add citric acid and immediately remove from heat.
- The final step will be the connection of all components. That is, caramel, oak bark and moonshine.
- Such a drink will be ready in a week. A characteristic feature will be a reddish tint. If you want a more juicy color, nourished taste and enriched aroma, then increase the tincture period. But the maximum time is a month.
How many degrees should be in home cognac?
We have already repeatedly mentioned which fortress the selected alcohol should be (vodka or moonshine). The minimum limit is 40%. But since further insistence still remains, therefore (this we also indicated) home-made moonshine or diluted alcohol should be slightly higher - 45 degrees. But this number is the maximum value. That is, in a more accessible language - cognac should be in the range of 40-45 revolutions. Ideal will be - 42%.